We keep your families safe, lower costs, and maintain the fun in boating! Welcome to the Boatrax community!
What do you do?
Will Boatrax work on my Boat?
Absolutely! Boatrax is the first and only NMEA 2000 certified remote management platform providing unparalleled access and connectivity to your boat. Our device runs on NMEA 2000, the marine operational and safety standard for electronics. Whether your boat is new or a few years old, your electronics are most likely running on the NMEA 2000 protocol. We are happy to adapt your vessel to get her up to date with the latest technology.
What exactly do you provide?
- Fuel Consumption - to provide accurate (not estimated) reading of the fuel onboard
- Geofence & Location - to let you know when your boat is not within a predefined location
- Battery Voltage - to remotely provide an accurate battery power level reading
- GPS Heading - to monitor the exact location, speed, and direction of your boat every 10 seconds
- Transducer - to remotely detect if your boat has run aground
- Engine Monitoring - to understand over 23 engine indicators real-time and assess regular upkeep to avoid costly engine failures
Engine Oil Pressure
Engine Fuel Rate
Gearbox Oil Pressure
Gearbox Oil Temp
- Shore Power - to keep your A/C and fridges running and avoid inadvertent water damage or electrical faults due to interruption of shore power to your boat.
- Tank Levels - to know when you need to fill her up before your trip
Fuel Tank Level
Fresh tank Level
Blackwater Tank Level
Graywater Tank Level
- Peace of mind - knowing your family and friends are safe aboard is invaluable
- Maximizing your favorite past time - to assist you in scheduling upkeep on your time and keeping your boat out of the yard on weekends
How does it work? How often can I see the data?
The Boatrax gateway is a physical box installed inside your boat’s helm. The Boatrax gateway reads all the data and messages generated by your boat every 10 seconds and transmits all that information through the cellular network to our secure cloud servers. Access the data in real-time through our free mobile app.
Is it easy to install?
Absolutely! We built our device with you in mind. Simply plug and play into your boat’s NMEA network. No cable splicing, no headaches. Any questions - we are here to walk you through.
What are the costs and are there hidden fees?
No hidden fees. We have a pricing plan for every boater - click here [put hyperlink to pricing] for more info. We believe our platform can make all the difference in those precious moments with your loved ones on the water, and of course, ensure their safety. What’s the price of that? Priceless.
What is your return policy?
Simple - if you don’t like it, return it at no charge or obligation within 90 days. We’re boaters, like you, so let us know if we can improve anything anytime for you. While we’ll be sad should you leave, we’ll always welcome you aboard!
How is the device powered?
Our device is powered directly through the NMEA network.
Do I need technical knowledge to install?
No tech knowledge required! We built our device with you in mind. Simply plug and play into your boat’s NMEA network. No cable splicing, no headaches. Any questions - we are here to walk you through.
How do I connect other sensors that are not on NMEA?
Where should I mount the device and does antenna placement matter?
In most boat’s the NMEA network can be found inside the main console and that is usually the best place for our device. Just make sure the antennas are far away from interference and that the GPS antenna is facing towards the sky for optimal performance.
What is included with my purchase of the Boatrax device?
In the box you will receive: The Boatrax device, Cell antenna, GPS antenna, Sensor array, Installation Instructions. Download our free App and log into your account.
The device comes with a reset button. Simply insert the reset tool and make sure it clicks once. Wait 10 seconds and then click again to finish resetting the system.
The unit has three LED indicators. Power (Red), NMEA (Yellow), NET (Green).
- Red off means it may not be powered correctly. Please check all connections are secure and NMEA Tees are aligned. If the device is wired to draw power from the network then make sure the electronics or whichever breaker power the NMEA network has power. If everything looks good then proceed to reset the unit by clicking the reset button with a small paper clip twice.
- Yellow off means it is not getting any reading from the NMEA network. Proceed to check all connections are secure and NMEA Tees are aligned. Also make sure the NMEA network is powered (possibly through your electronics switch). If everything looks good, then proceed to reset the unit by clicking the reset button with a small paper clip twice.
- Green if off means it has lost connectivity and most likely an antenna issue. Confirm the antenna is attached correctly to the cell port and is clear of any possible interference. If after a few minutes the unit does not come back online, then proceed to reset the unit by clicking the reset button with a small paper clip twice.
If after troubleshooting the problem still persists, please get in contact with our support team below.
To Order or For More Information
Call our dedicated customer support team at 1-855-727-LOGS (5647)
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or ask us a question via our chat